Friday, September 9, 2011

End of session one


September 9, 2011

I always enjoy the time we get to spend together, my mom and I, riding to GR and waiting for the i.v. to finish.  Sometimes it is about silly things we discuss and others it is something deep and meaningful.  I never know where our conversations will go, they just happen.  No agenda, just talk.  I think I am starting to understand how my friends feel when they say how much they miss that time with their moms.  Those whose mothers have passed so long ago; the cherished times just to sit and talk.  These are the times I am starting to cling to and by writing about them, I hope to remember them well into the future.

So, her first round of chemo has gone very well.  Aside from the fact she can’t seem to get her bowels regulated, she is doing as well as expected.  I never thought that after my kids were out of diapers that I would ever be discussing someone’s poop habits again, but I guess we have come full circle.  Friends and family have been doing a good job of praying for the chemo to go well.  If we could just get her pain level down from the hip area, she would be almost her old self again.  A physical therapist is coming this afternoon to give her tips on getting herself in and out of bed and up and down from the couch or chair.  It seems like those are the hardest times for her and cause her pain.

 On Friday, September 16, we will be heading to U of M to discuss her stem cell transplant and find out if she is a candidate for that procedure.  She will be seeing Dr. Hamati at the end of the month as well to see if there is something he can do for her pain which is located mostly in the pelvic area which I believe is where her biggest lesion is located.  Here’s to a week off of driving, giving my dad a much needed break, and to see where we are headed next.


No comments:

Post a Comment